Beach

Beach
Oahu

Where would you like to go for your dream vacation?

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Flight Sold Out? Name Your Own Price When Give Up Seat

I recently read an article in my online travel trade publication (Travel Weekly magazine, posted on January 11, 2011): Delta Invites Customers to Name Their Price For Giving Up Seat. The article indicates that Delta Airlines will give customers the option of telling them how much money you'll accept for giving up your seat if the flight is sold out. You can indicate your price when you check in online or at an airport kiosk. The process is suppose to speed up the process to rebook you instead of trying to determine seats and availability at the gate.

If customers do not "name a price," the compensation you'll receive will be $400 or $800 depending on the time the flight was scheduled to arrive (applicable for domestic and international flights). 


My professional opinion is that I think it's a great to find ways to expedite processes when dealing with customers' travel. My main concern is that if customers "low bid," then Delta may save some money from may have been provided for compensation. I wouldn't want to bid $200 if I can get $400 compensation. So, you'll have to just take your chance! 

No comments:

Post a Comment